25 ALTERNATIVE USES FOR OLIVE OIL
1. USE FOR SHAVING
Olive oil can provide a safe and natural lubricant for a close shave. Rub in an extra teaspoon after washing your body or face once finished.
2. WOOD FURNITURE POLISH
Wipe with a teaspoon of olive oil and a soft rag. Add a bit of vinegar of citrus juice to bulk up the cleaning power, and add a fresh scent.
3. HAND AND CUTICLE MOSITURIZER
Use a bit of olive oil to moisturize cuticles, or mix oil and water and soak your hands before a manicure.
4. LUBRICATE MEASURING CUPS AND SPOONS FOR COOKING WITH STICKY SUBSTANCES LIKE HONEY OR MOLASSES
Lubricate Measuring Cups and Spoons. Rub or spray olive oil on your measuring tools for easy clean-up of sticky substances like honey, grain mustards, and sugar syrups and molasses.
5. CONTROLS HAIR FRIZZ
Comb a bit of olive oil through
dry hair to tame the frizz and flyaways on humid days or in the winter.
6. LUBRICATES AND FREES A STUCK ZIPPER
Use a cotton swab to apply olive oil to the teeth of a zipper, then gently ease the tab down.
7. PREVENTS HAIRBALLS IN CATS
Add a teaspoon of olive oil to your cat’s food to help prevent hairballs, and provide a shiny coat.
8. LIP BALM OR MOISTURIZER
Mix olive oil and melted beeswax in a 1:1 ratio, with an essential oil for fragrance, and say goodbye to dry and chapped lips.
9. STOPS SNORING
Take a sip of olive oil before heading to bed. It might lubricate your throat muscles, and stop yourself, or your partner, from snoring.
10. SHINES STAINLESS STEEL AND BRASS
Rub a bit of olive oil on a clean rag to prevent streaks, corrosion, and tarnish.
11. NATURAL EXFOLIATE FOR YOUR FACE AND HANDS
Rub your skin with olive oil, then scrub with sugar or coarse salt, and rinse.
12. MOISTURIZER FOR YOUR BATH
Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to your running bath water. You’ll be amazed when you towel off.
13. REMOVES MAKEUP
Dab a bit under your eyes, on your cheeks and forehead, then wipe with a damp cloth.
14. CURES AN EARACHE
Very carefully, use a cotton swab to apply olive oil to the outside ear cavity to help with earaches and excess wax.
15. REMOVES PAINT FROM YOUR SKIN
Rub on olive oil onto messy hand and arms (or faces) and allow the oil to soak into the skin for five minutes, then rinse with soap and water.
16. TREATMENT FOR HEAD LICE
Apply olive oil to your youngster’s hair, and leave on for at least 40 minutes. Shampoo twice, then apply a preventative.
17. STOPS A TICKLE IN YOUR THROAT
Take a sip of olive oil to stop the itchy flicker that is making you cough.
18. FIXES SQUEAKY DOORS
Use a rag or cotton swab to apply olive oil to the top of a problematic hinge in your home or automobile.
19. SHOE POLISH
Rub down your shoes with just a spray of olive oil to maintain their shine.
20. PERSONAL LUBRICANT
Some people have used olive oil as a personal lubricant and say it works.
21. SKIN SOFTENER
Rub olive oil daily on notoriously dry areas, such as your feet or elbows, especially after a shower, shaving, or waxing.
22. EASY GARDEN TOOL CLEAN UP
Spritz some olive oil on your tools to cut down on dirt buildup. Read more here!
23. CONDITIONS LEATHER
Rub olive oil into worn leather, such as a baseball glove, and let set for 30 minutes, then wipe away any excess.
24. HAIR TONIC
Comb some olive oil through your hair for the vintage look of pomade without the build-up, or add a bit to wet hair for grungy, but clean, look.
25. CURES DIAPER RASH
Gently wipe on olive oil to your baby’s bottom to help with the irritation of diaper rash. Olive oil has soothing and healing properties
- ***SERENA'S FAVORITES (774)
- *POETRY BY SERENA* (15)
- *TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES-FACEBOOK GROUP FOOD DISCUSSIONS WORTH KEEPING LOL (106)
- *VIDEOS (11)
- AISIAN STYLE/CHINESE/ JAPANESE/ KOREAN/THAI (84)
- AMISH & MENNONITE RECIPES (66)
- ANTIQUE RECIPES (316)
- ANYTHING ITALIAN/PASTA DISHES ECT (219)
- APPETIZERS/SNACKS/DIPS (334)
- AUSTRALIAN RECIPES (6)
- BABY FOODS/IDEAS (1)
- BBQ (81)
- BEEF (239)
- BEVERAGES/NON ALCOHOLIC PLEASE (73)
- BIRTHDAY IDEAS (51)
- BLENDER/FOOD PROCESSOR RECIPES (7)
- BORROWED RECIPES FROM THE WEB (111)
- BRAZILLIAN (1)
- BREADS/PASTRIES (339)
- BREAKFAST/BRUNCH (213)
- BROWNIES (79)
- BUTTER (8)
- CAKE ICINGS /FROSTING/ FILLINGS (153)
- CAKE MIX RECIPES (152)
- CAKES (581)
- CAMPFIRE COOKING/OUTDOOR (17)
- CANDY/FUDGE/ POPCORN BALLS (240)
- CANNING/PRESERVING/TIPS (233)
- CASSEROLES (204)
- CAST IRON COOKING (92)
- CHEESE (75)
- CHEESECAKES (87)
- CHICKEN/TURKEY * POULTRY* (354)
- CHRISTMAS (332)
- COBBLERS/DESSERTS/ PUDDINGS (261)
- COOKIES/BARS (359)
- COOKING FOR LARGE GROUPS (39)
- CORNBREAD (49)
- CRAFT IDEAS AND PHOTOS (63)
- CREATIONS (169)
- CROCK-POT/SLOW COOKER (158)
- CUPCAKES (76)
- CURRIES (9)
- DAIRY FREE (8)
- DECORATING FOOD TIPS (25)
- DIABETIC/SUGAR FREE (32)
- DRIED MEATS, FRUITS, HERBS- & Recipes using dried foods (27)
- DUMPLING RECIPES (34)
- EASTER (84)
- EGG RECIPES (63)
- EGGLESS RECIPES (4)
- FALL/HALLOWEEN (126)
- FAVORITE KITCHEN EQUIPMENT/ ACCESSORIES (18)
- FISH/SEAFOOD ECT… (111)
- FLOPS/ & CREATIVE USES (1)
- FOOD ALLERGIES? (3)
- FOOD ART (6)
- FREEZING FOODS (58)
- FRIED FOODS (99)
- FRUIT RECIPES (169)
- GARDENING TIPS AND PHOTOS HERE (61)
- GERMAN (15)
- GLUTEN FREE (26)
- GOAT (1)
- GRAVIES/SAUCES (9)
- GRILLING OUT/PICNIC FOOD IDEAS (77)
- HITS (50)
- HOUSEHOLD RECIPES/ HOME REMEDIES (94)
- HOW TO…. (89)
- HUNGARIAN RECIPES (2)
- I LEARNED THE HARD WAY NOT TO….. (21)
- ICE CREAM MACHINE RECIPES (4)
- ICE CREAM/SHERBERTS & TOPPINGS (62)
- INDIAN CUISINE (12)
- INTERNATIONAL (66)
- IRISH (8)
- JAMAICAN (3)
- JUICING/SMOOTHIES (23)
- KIDS RECIPES (212)
- LAMB/MUTTON (10)
- LEFTOVERS (60)
- LIVER RECIPES (4)
- LOW CARB (37)
- LOW CHOLESTEROL (18)
- LOW FAT/DIET (203)
- MALAYSIAN/NYONA (16)
- MEASUREMENT CHARTS (4)
- MEXICAN/SOUTH OF THE BORDER (145)
- MICROWAVE COOKING (31)
- MISCELLANEOUS (36)
- MOM ON THE GO (110)
- MONGOLIAN (2)
- MUFFINS (57)
- MUST HAVES FOR THE PANTRY/STAPLES (1)
- NAVAJO/AMERICAN INDIAN (4)
- NO BAKE RECIPES (35)
- ORGANIC COOKING (22)
- PARTY PLEASERS/SHOWERS ECT… (127)
- PASTA DOUGH RECIPES (9)
- PEANUT BUTTER/NUTELLA (73)
- PERUVIAN (4)
- PESTO (5)
- PET RECIPES/ TIPS (8)
- PHILIPPINE DISHES (2)
- PICTURES YOU WANT TO SHARE (177)
- PIES/TARTS (296)
- PIZZA (89)
- POLISH (1)
- PORK (166)
- POTATOES (181)
- PRESSURE COOKER (31)
- PUFF PASTRY /PHYLLO DOUGH RECIPES (16)
- QUINOA (1)
- RAMP RECIPES (2)
- RANDOM BLOGGING (38)
- RECIPES IN A JAR/GIFT GIVING IDEAS (19)
- RECIPES TO LIVE BY (14)
- RESTAURANT RECIPES (91)
- RICE RECIPES (107)
- ROASTER IDEAS (1)
- SALAD DRESSINGS (10)
- SALADS/GREENS (71)
- SANDWICHES/BURGERS/SPREADS (77)
- SAUSAGE/KIELBASA RECIPES (20)
- SCHOOL STUFF (6)
- SCRATCH MIXES /CANNED GOODS (34)
- SEASONINGS/SPICES/RUBS (17)
- SEMI HOMEMADE/TRICKS/QUICK N EASY (181)
- SIDES/VEGGIES (246)
- SMOKER (3)
- SOUFFLE'S (4)
- SOUL FOOD/CREOLE (43)
- SOUPS/CHILIES & BEANS /CHOWDERS (275)
- SPANISH (4)
- ST. PATTY'S DAY (31)
- STUFFING/DRESSINGS/STUFFED FOODS (39)
- SUBSTITUTIONS (43)
- SUNDAY SCHOOL CRAFTS IDEAS AND FOOD (101)
- THANKSGIVING FAVORITES (129)
- TIPS FOR THE COOK (103)
- Uncategorized (9)
- VALENTINE IDEAS RECIPES /ROMANTIC/ RECIPES FOR 2 (54)
- VEGETARIAN/VEGAN (116)
- WAITING TO BE MADE (REMINDER) (82)
- WEDDING IDEAS (4)
- WILD GAME & WV TRADITIONS (144)
- ZUCCHINI & YELLOW SQUASH RECIPES (92)